Friday, June 12, 2009

adapting to life with a special needs little guy


OK where to start now... this is a picture of terry and his surgeon after his major surgery in December 2007, so now Terry is getting PT,OT,and Speech therapy. He is doing quit well in all of these. he will be 2 in about a month and a half. He still can not walk,or crawl, but he just got his AFO's and he now is learning to stand. He is trying his hardest... and he is doing it. we have no doubt that he will master the crawling and walking thing. it is going to take some time but we have all the time to give him. He is so happy and lovable and no matter what is thrown his way it don't break his spirit. It is alot of work with terry but i would not give it up for the world, I am constantly doing something with him, weather it be PT,OT,or ST. I am pushing him to do what i know he can do. I know sometimes he gets mad because he don't want to do it, but he still does it. It can be overwhelming at times, but when i get to that point i just look at him and remember why i am doing this..... for him! There are so many doctor appointments, scans, EEG's,EKG's, MRI's. But we get through it. Sometimes i think it is harder on me than it is on him. To know what he is going through, and at times i feel helpless. I cry alot...in the shadows where no one can see me, i do not want people to think i am weak or that i cant handle it.. that is so not the case. i can handle it... it just gets hard sometimes. I feel like i am doing this all by my self, but i know i am not, terry's care involves everyone in our family. But most of it is on my shoulders, but then that is all part of being a mom! I hate it when people label my son, nothing angers me more! If you do not know my son and his situation who are you to judge! I don't judge people, and yet people are always judging him and my family... What the Hell! How can someone talk about a child, let alone anyone? unless you walk in my shoes, don't judge me or anyone in my family! Terry is a beautiful, happy little guy who loves his family! andwe love him too

No comments:

Post a Comment