Monday, October 19, 2009

MY BIG BOY!


So Terry is doing great! He is making so many milestones... not really your typical ones but they are milestones nonetheless! I am so proud of the things he is doing, and he does new things everyday! I have seen major changes since he has started the riding therapy! I am just blown away at the results we are seeing already! Sometimes it can get overwhelming, but I just have to tell myself that there is no stopping this lil guy and there is so much more he is gonna do even if it takes him longer to get to where he is supposed to be... well that is OK because we have plenty of time! He had adapted his own way of getting around on the floor... we call it "the side winding maneuver" and he is a pro at it! One minute he is by the TV and the next he is by the window, and he is fast at it too! I have to admit he has had a hard time getting to where he is but he keeps on going and he is always happy! I know he has to get tired of all the therapies but he just keeps going! Sometimes I wish I had his will because his is the strongest of anyone I know. He has taught me a lot in his short time here. We all have a different view on a lot of things! It can get aggravating when you hear people talking when you walk by and you are carrying terry, and people say.. that boy should be walking...yes he should be but he's not, but he will be soon! (in his own time) sometimes I feel like just telling them to mind their own business! I just smile and keep on getting it! I really do not care what people think, all I care about is making sure our son has what he needs! I would move mountains to get him what he needs... sometimes I think I have moved mountains for him just to get the simple things he needs. But you will do what ever it takes for your kids no matter what! When I get down or discouraged I just look at him and think of all he has been through, and I feel better! Terry has his gait trainer now and is working on getting used to it, but before he can learn to walk in it he has to build the strength in his legs and hip area... which is where the horse riding comes in!

No comments:

Post a Comment