Wednesday, October 21, 2009

VIRGINIA BEACH 2009


This picture was taken at the beach, it was so windy but Terry did not care. All he wanted to do was play in the sand... he had such a good time. He got so upset when we had to leave! Terry loves to play out side! He is so fun to just watch. We spent the week at the beach in September and the entire time we were there he was so good! but then he always is! He is always such a happy little one! Sometimes i wonder how can he be so happy given all that he has gone through? I know why now, because he is so very loved by everyone! as long as he is happy i am happy too. terry has an ear infection right now and is not feeling the best but he is still smiling for the most part, unless the pain get to be too much for him, which it has here in the past few days. I hope the meds will work for him soon. he has been on an antibiotic since last week. But I am thinking that they are going to have to give me a drop for his ears. He has really small ear canals and this makes his ear infections harder to treat, sometimes his little ears canals will swell almost completely closed... that's when i know the infection is a bad one! this one has not been like that. I am so careful in paying attention to his actions and keeping an eye out for something not being right, and so far i have been right on target to what was going on with him. Sometimes I wish I was not a nurse, I see more that the average person does, and that can be a bad thing. I know it terrified me when Terry was born and in the NICU, I would catch things before his nurses did, and sometimes that really got to me. Sometimes it is hard to separate your self from your profession and just be a mommy..... But then maybe this is why I chose to be a nurse, everyone says things happen for a reason. Terry doctors always tell me that Terry couldn't have chose a better mom. that makes me feel good! I do the best I can, and sometimes i doubt my judgement, but i am usually right so i need to learn to go with my gut feeling and not doubt myself! I don't think there is anyone else that knows terry like i do!! I have taken terry back to the NICU to see the nurses and they can not believe how big he is and how far he has come since he was there... not that he was ever really small. he started out rather large at over 8 pounds!

1 comment: