Monday, March 23, 2009

Well here we are in labor in delivery, me my husband, my sister,my best friend... everything going well cervadil in place and now we are playing the waiting game. Hours run on top of each other, everyone leaves except for David, and my best friend Stephanie is in her van resting. so the night wears on. Around 5:00 am i get up to go to the bathroom. felt fine, no real contractions yet. Well when I walked back to the bed, I felt something wet...What could it be I wondered. well it was my water breaking..so David went and got the nurse and Iwaited. once she confirmed what I already knew we made our call because we really wanted our two girls to be there for the birth of their brother, and we were told that the third baby could come fast. We didn't want to chance them missing the birth. We were excited and I admit I was a little scared. Time from this point on went really fast. Before I knew it it was time to deliver our son. I only pushed for 2 minutes and little TERRY MIKAEL BERGERON was born...but there was something wrong. I didn't hear him cry. I got real worried. minutes went on and still no crying, by this time I knew there was something wrong with our son. He was not breathing on his own! There was total chaos!!!!!! There were so many people in and out of the room I couldn't keep up with then all. By this point I was in total shock. NO! how could this be? Terry was fine and moving all night long... what went wrong? They let me hold him.. very briefly,let david hold him and the girls, Then the real night mare.. My new born son coded! He was now on oxygen and being wisked away to the special care nursery for test and x-rays and labs ect.. David and I were in disbeleif! As my husband stood beside me to try to consloe me the IDIOT NEONATOLIGIST asked us WHAT TYPE OF INSURANCE DO YOU HAVE? What!!! What the hell does this have to do with anything? Later we found out that it ment the difference in terry being sent to another hospital or staying at riverside. Thank god Dr. Hill ordered for him to be sent to Children's Hospital Of the Kings Daughter in Norfolk. So within an hour or 2 of him being born he was on his way. I got to see him...but not hold him before he left. I told David to go with him! I didn't want our son to be alone and at this point we didn't even know if he was going to make it! So there I was all alone in the hospital and a wreck to boot. My son was gone my arms were EMPTY! this was supposed to be a happy day! But it was so bitter sweet. Emotions all over the place from happy to scared to shocked to fear to lonley! I sat in my room wondering what was going on with terry, was he ok? did he make it? why has no one called me! Then my girls are brought up to see me and we go out side I could not stand being on the mother baby floor hearing all those babies cry knowing they were healthy and my was not here and didn't know what was going on with him! the fear of the unknown can kill you! I didn't get a call from David until 10 hours later at 8pm he told me they were still assessing terry and he had not been able to see him yet but that he was ok. Stephanie went to get David around midnight so he could be with me. So the next morning I was supposed to be discharged, the nurse practitioner came in.. the first thing out of her mouth is WHY DON'T YOU HAVE YOUR SON IN HERE WITH YOU? I said are you kidding...did you not read my chart? if you did you would know he is in Norfolk! She then said we are keeping you one more day...I said like hell I am going to be with my son! and at 830 in the morning we rolled out and headed straight to CHKD! I had to see my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment