Wednesday, January 6, 2010


HAPPY NEW YEAR!
So things are off to a good start! Terry is doing some wonderful things! I know it has been a long time since I posted last but we have been busy, busy, busy. Terry is still doing therapy 4 times a week. He is doing so many new things like: standing unassisted, standing with our help, he is used to his gait trainer now. He is trying to talk more now. He is doing something new every day! He is just an AWESOME little boy! he is going to prove all the doctors wrong, which we knew he would! He has a wonderful attitude, he is just as happy as he can be! He was sick over the holidays, but you would have never know! he smiled all the time! There are really no words to describe how Terry makes me feel. There are no word good enough to explain it. I just can say that I am a blessed person, because I am here with Terry and I get to see all of his "firsts" and it is an amazing feeling! We have had a bit of a set back though, Terry has been seeing an eye doctor since he was very young, and this eye doctor told us terry needed eye surgery on his left eye to align it, she said we could wait until he was about 5 or so... well I went for a second opinion because being a nurse I just felt there was something not right, so we went for the appointment, and the first thing this doctor said was "wow he is big for 18 months" I said he is 29 months old, why? that's when he told me terry should have had the surgery done before he was 18 months..."WHAT" I told him what theother doc said and he was quite disturbed by this. He also told me that if terry would have had it done, there is a possibility he would be walking by now! I was so upset by this I left the office in tears, a surgery that only involved his left eye now involves both, and it would have only been one surgery, but now it could take anywhere from 3 to 5 different surgeries on both eyes. But I can't dwell on the fact that the other doc told us wrong, i have to focus on getting him taken care of so he is going to have the first surgery done on Feb. 11, 2010. So please say a prayer for our little guy that everything goes well! I will write again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment